Star Wars: The Dining Experience
Star Wars Costume Contest Information
We are on the lookout for the best Darth Vader, Leia, or Luke look alike. The Star Wars Costume Contest is open to all residents* of University Housing. So, do you have a costume that is so good it looks like you walked straight out of the Mos Eisley Cantina on Tatooine and onto the UW-Madison campus? Then we want to see it.
Complete the entry form and submit 1-4 pictures of you in your costume. If you have trouble with the entry form, you can also email email@example.com with the following:
- Subject of "Star Wars Costume Contest"
- Please include one wide shot that shows your entire costume
- Your name
- The name of your residence hall, house name and, room number
- Everyone who enters will receive a Bean & Creamery coupon for a hot beverage
- Entries will be accepted beginning November 23, 2015
- The submission deadline is December 9, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (Central)
- Finalists will be announced on December 10, 2015
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place costumes will be selected on December 14th at Gordon Dining and Event Center at 7:00pm, finalists must arrive at 6:30pm. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be chosen by audience applause.
- All contestants will be awarded a Bean & Creamery coupon for a hot beverage for entering the contest
- Top ten finalists will receive a special gift in addition to a Bean & Creamery coupon
- Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place as follows—1st place: iPad mini 3 with Star Wars case, 2nd place: Blu-Ray box set of all 6 original movies, 3rd place: Star Wars Lego set
- Late entries will be disqualified
- 10 finalists will be selected as finalists by University Housing based on creativity, embodiment of the Star Wars genre, and individuality.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to the use of his/her photographs and name to be used by UW Housing in electronic and print publications.
- Entries are restricted to UW students currently living in the University Housing Residence Halls, with a contract in good standing.**
- Finalists could be contacted by University Housing about doing a brief professional photo shoot of their costume for judging and promotional purposes.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the Star Wars costume contestant will be selected from among the 10 finalists and chosen by audience applause on December 14th at Gordon Dining and Event Center.
- Facebook “likes” will not be factored into the selection of the Grand Prize winning contestant.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will need to complete paperwork to receive their prize and may need to report the prize on their 2015 tax forms.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to UW Madison Housing Department and not to Facebook.
*International Students are not eligible to win prizes (due to tax regulations).
** House Fellows are not eligible to participate in the contest.