Barnard Hall

Opened: 1913

Henry Barnard

Henry Barnard was the second Chancellor of the University of Wisconsin serving in the position for only two years, 1859-1861. Barnard Hall opened in the fall of 1913 and was the second women's residence hall on campus, after the original Chadbourne Hall. Today it is the University's oldest continuously operating residence hall, and still features the wide hallways, elaborate parlor and cozy buffet room that have always drawn students to live there.

History of University Housing