1. Housing>
  2. University Residence Halls>
  3. How to Apply

How To Apply

Freshmen & Transfers

New UW-Madison students who are admitted for the fall or spring semester are offered a contract for the University Residence Halls, using the information provided to the Admissions Office. Admitted students will receive email notification from University Housing, with information to complete the online contract process. Learn more about the contract process.

Other – Continuing UW Students

If you are currently a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison not living in University Housing, we encourage you to fill out an application for Spring 2015, Academic Year 2015-2016, or Spring 2016.

Summer Session

We are pleased that you are considering living in the University Residence Halls while you are enrolled in Summer Session classes. Our housing facilities offer many features and options for students enrolled in Summer Sessions. Students must submit an online application for Summer Session housing to the Assignment Office in University Housing. Summer housing 2015 applications will become available in February.