Welcome! The Division of University Housing staff is eager to help you feel at home in the University Residence Halls. As you prepare for your move, here are some helpful guidelines. You can also visit our Facebook page for reminders and more information.
For complete information about moving-in to Barnard Residence Hall and Merit Residence Hall during 2014 Summer Session courses, check out our Summer Session Move-in Guide. For more information on session dates and room costs, read our 2014 Summer Session viewbook.
In Fall 2014, the University Residence Hall move-in days will be August 27 and 28. Residents are assigned to one of these days based on which hall/floor they are assigned to. We do not assign residents to a specific time for that day. Instead, students are welcome to move-in anytime after 8:00 AM on their assigned move-in day.
What to Bring
- Cell phone – land line phone service is not provided in your room
- Bed sheets (twin XL, twin with extra deep corners, or jersey sheets), blankets and pillows
- See our room furnishings page for a full list of items to bring and items that are not allowed
We strongly recommend you obtain insurance for your personal items and liability. You will be held financially liable for damage as a result of negligence on your part. Be sure to have adequate coverage for fire and water damage.
Where to start:
- Check to see if you are already covered on your family’s homeowners insurance
- Ask your family about adding a rider onto existing insurance policies
- Obtain your own policy
University Housing staff will e-mail you about your room assignment, billing, move-in and much more. Be sure to check your wisc.edu mailbox regularly for updates. University Housing’s Parents & Families webpage has helpful resources for parents and families, along with the links below.