New Face at University Apartments: Christopher Barnes, Resident Manager

Chris Barnes
Chris Barnes, Resident Manager, University Houses

My name is Christopher Barnes and I am the new Resident Manager (RM) for University Houses. Before moving to University Houses, I lived in the Eagle Heights community for two years as Academic Staff.

Originally, I’m from Oak Park, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago) but moved to Texas after graduate school to be a Residence Hall Director at Texas State University. I have three years of experience as an on-call first-responder for campus community housing and look forward to being an RM. This fall, I’ll be a new doctoral student in Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis (Higher Education Administration) at UW-Madison.

I speak one language, English, fluently but I’m also learning Spanish. During my free time, I really enjoy traveling to different states/countries and running. I frequently walk to and from work so you might see me walking along the lake shore path.

In addition to traveling and running, I appreciate meeting people from around the world and learning about cultures different from my own. As a RM I look forward to meeting residents and working with everyone in UA to bring the community closer.