New Face at University Apartments: Anthony Hernandez, Resident Manager (Eagle heights 500s-600s)

Portrait of Anthony Hernandez
Anthony Hernandez, Resident Manager, Eagle Heights 500s-600s

My name is Anthony Hernandez and I am the new Resident Manager (RM) for University Houses. I have been living in Eagle Heights since the summer of 2015. I grew up in South Texas but went to college in Cambridge, Massachusetts. (Go Red Sox!).  Before returning to graduate school, I lived in Los Angeles and worked on education policy matters at UCLA.  I am currently a third-year doctoral student in the Educational Policy Studies Higher Education program at UW Madison.  My passion is to help young people, especially those who are first generation students and/or from the margins of society, realize their potential. As such, I have served on the boards of multiple nonprofit organizations dedicated to helping young people pursue education and connect successfully with their aspirations. Over the years, I have helped hundreds of students.  In my free time, I enjoy travel, wine, foreign films (Almodóvar or Fellini, anyone?), and vegetarian cooking.