It has been, and will continue to be, very cold this month. Our facilities team sent an email to all residents this week with tips (reprinted below) for keeping your apartment warm, and we want to also share some tips on how to keep yourself warm.
When leaving your home, be prepared. Check the weather, and dress accordingly! Frostbite can occur in as little as 15 minutes with temperatures as low as they have been. You should keep as much of your skin covered when outside as possible, some additional tips:
• Cover your head and ears with a hat, ear muffs, or ear band;
• Wear appropriate footwear, including thick socks (Wool socks will retain their warmth even when wet);
• Wear a face mask or partially cover your face with a scarf;
• Keep your hands covered. Mittens are warmer than gloves;
• Dress in layers; including long underwear or snow pants over your clothes
When inside your home, you should still plan to dress warmly. In Wisconsin winter, you should plan to wear pants, long sleeves, socks, and slippers inside during the winter months.