Meet Jennifer Hinrichsen – Eagle’s Wing

Jennifer Hinrichsen PortraitMy name is Jennifer Hinrichsen and I am a teacher for Nido at Eagle’s Wing.

I was born in Eau Claire, WI and my hometown is Mondovi, Wisconsin. My family consists of my dad, mom, and older sister.  I graduated from Mondovi High School and moved to Ames, Iowa.  I attended Iowa State University and received a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. At ISU, I met my wonderful husband Tom!  We now live in Madison and enjoy watching our 2-year-old son grow!   We are expecting our second child in August!!

I have worked in child care for 12 years. While an undergraduate at Iowa State University, I worked at the ISU Bright Horizons center for four years as an assistant teacher with age ranges from infants through school-age children. I completed my student teaching experience in a Head Start preschool and third-grade classroom in Des Moines, Iowa.  I worked as a lead toddler teacher at a Children’s Choice Learning Center for over a year.  For four years, I was a Mentor Teacher at the Colorado State University Childhood Center.

I like exploring the outdoors with my family. I enjoy cooking, playing tennis, swimming, ice skating, and traveling.

I hope to inspire and promote a strong foundation for lifelong development, and I hope to continue learning and to show kindness to everyone I meet.