New Faces at University Apartments

Portrait of Greg FroehlichGreg Froehlich
Custodial Team Member

You may have noticed a new face at the Community Center in the afternoons. That’s Greg Froehlich, the custodial team’s newest member.

For more than 30 years Greg has worked for the Division of Housing in Dining and Res Halls in a variety of capacities including working as a supervisor. Greg wanted to work at University Apartments and we were finally able to make this happen a couple of months ago.

Greg brings with him a vast amount of experience and knowledge about his craft and he is happy and willing to share it to the benefit of University Apartments. Greg is a lifelong Wisconsinite and lives near Baraboo with his wife, two daughters and their dogs.

Greg is partnering with Gam cleaning apartments and will be cleaning and improving common areas in the 500s and 600s of Eagle Heights. We are very excited to have Greg join our team. Please welcome him to the team when you see him.

Portrait of Erin OlsonErin Olson
Teacher, Eagle’s Wing Child Care & Education Programs

Hello! My name is Erin Olson and I am the new Azhar teacher at Eagle’s Wing. I am very excited to be a part of the Eagle’s Wing family. I have my Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Special Education from UW-Whitewater and my Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology from here at UW-Madison. I have spent most of my career working the early childhood realm. I taught in Lincoln, Neb. for a couple years as an early childhood special education teacher before returning to Wisconsin to teach a variety of ages from early childhood special education to K-5th grade special education.

I absolutely love working with infants and toddlers and am excited to be back working with this age group. I am originally from the north suburbs of Chicago but have been living in Madison for almost three years now. I enjoy hanging out with my husband Zach and our rescue dog and cat, Nordy and Lily Belle.

Portrait of Mai TiaMai Tia

Hi, my name is Mai Tia. I am Hmong and I was born in Thailand. My family immigrated to the U.S. when I was only 2-years-old, and we have lived in Madison ever since.

I attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison and received a bachelor’s degree in Human Development and Family Studies. I have always loved working with kids because every day is truly a new day with them.

One of the most rewarding things for me is watching how fast they can learn and grow from the time they enter and leave my classroom.

Before joining Eagles Wing Child Care Center, I worked at The Goddard School in Verona. Although I loved working there, I’m excited to learn and grow even more as a teacher. I can’t wait to start in the Nido room and get to meet everyone! Please come say “hi” if you see me around the center!