The University Apartments Community Center is a designated cooling station when the National Weather Service issues heat advisories. The building has extended hours until 10 p.m. for cooling down during this time.
Some tips for keeping cool:
- Stay indoors as much as much as possible.
- Stay in cool places.
- When going outdoors, apply sunscreen.
- Wear a sun hat and shades if possible.
- When you are outdoors for a long period of time, find a shaded spot to rest.
- Stay hydrated; drink plenty of water.