Free Mental Health Services Available

We are happy to announce that we have two social work interns, supervised by Madison Mental Health Services, who will be offering free therapy sessions to University Apartments residents. Their information and how to contact them for services are below.

Please contact them directly to schedule your free appointment.

Tina Toltzien

Hello! I am a psychotherapy intern with Madison Mental Health Services. I am a Master level practicum student of Social Work through Clarke University with an emphasis in Mental Health. I will be providing free therapy services on Tuesday and Thursday from 3 to 6 p.m. by appointment at the Eagle Heights Community Center. For appointments, please email tina_toltzien@clarke.edu or call 608-692-1202. Some areas that I work with are abuse, addictions, grief & loss, life transitions (graduations, retirement, deaths, births, and marriage), communication skills, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, and parenting skills. I can help you address any areas you feel you would like support with. As a practitioner, it’s important to me to provide an atmosphere that is one of acceptance, warmth, and genuineness. I look forward to working with you.

Scott Wendt

Hello Eagle Heights Community. How’s your mental health? Sometimes life can be messy, confusing, and uncertain. Regardless of what’s making you feel stuck, down, or just not right, we can work together to improve your mental health and help you thrive.

I am a psychotherapist intern providing no-cost mental health services to you and your family members. I work with individuals, couples, families, and groups from children to adults from all walks of life. I am available to provide therapy to you at the community center, in your home, via Skype, and in our clinic on the West side of Madison. I do not turn anyone away for any reason from this free service. If English is not your first language, you are welcome to supply a translator of your choice.

What’s my approach? Most importantly, my focus is on establishing a therapeutic relationship with you. I want to know your story, your support system, and where you want to go. You’re the driver and I am right there with you as long as you need me. I am a goal-focused, client-centered therapist who concentrates on strengths and abilities that can be used in new and different ways to enhance your life, feel better about yourself, and ensure smooth life transitions so you can deal with challenges, achieve goals, become more successful, and improve the overall quality of your personal and professional life.

If you would like to call or email me to schedule an initial appointment, please do so at 608-622-0790 or email at scott.mmhs@gmail.com. You can also search Psychology Today or Facebook for Thrive Mental Health Services and/or Scott Wendt.  I’m looking forward to working with you.