Be Prepared, Be Aware, Be Safe

Active Threat Training, For University Apartments Residents, Feb. 29 (6:30 - 8:00pm), Room 139
Jeff Kirchman Portrait
Jeff Kirchman, University Apartments Community Police Officer

Sadly, school shootings, workplace violence incidents, and other mass-casualty events continue to happen with increasing frequency, both in the U.S. and internationally. But you can help protect yourself.

The most important role my fellow police officers and I play in our community is keeping people safe. To help with that goal, I will present UWPD’s Active Killer Training for University Apartments residents on Feb. 20, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., in the Community Center in room 139.

The session will focus on steps you can take to help prevent being involved in an active shooter/active killer event. And, if the unthinkable occurs, what you can do to help protect yourself and those around you.

If you are interested in the training but unable to attend this session, UWPD offers Open Forum sessions throughout the academic year. Contact me for information on attending one of those alternative dates.

This training can not only help stop these types of events from happening, but can save your life. Please join me if you can.

Written by Officer Jeff Kirchman, University Apartments Community Officer (Email: jkirchman@wisc.edu, Twitter: @UnivAptsUWPD, (608) 219-4698), Office: 104H University Apartments Community Center.