University Houses “I Spy” Challenge

I Spy boundary mapAre you seeking a fun way for your family to enjoy the warm weather? Consider joining us for the University Houses (UH) I Spy Challenge. See below for details.

Who can participate?

All University Apartments residents.

How do you play?

1. Use the clues (emailed every week. on Fridays, by our RM’s) to find publicly hidden landmarks throughout the UH area. Each landmark will have a cut-out picture of Bucky Badger on it.
  2. Once your family has found the landmark, take a picture of yourself next to the landmark and send the picture to University Apartments at resident.manager@housing.wisc.edu (notice: picture taking is optional).
  3. With your family’s permission, we will post your family’s landmark pictures on the University Apartments Facebook page and/or newsletter.
  4. In accordance with social distancing guidelines, please do not touch the Bucky Badger pictures.

When will the challenge take place?

One new badger will be hidden every Friday between May 8th and July 10th. Clues for each badger will also be sent via email and posted around the community every week, on Friday, by noon. The first badger and clue will be posted starting May 8th!

Where will the challenge take place?

I Spy will take place around the UH community. See the map above for activity boundaries.

This Week’s Clue

“I spy with my little eye…an area where friends can play and say “hi””

Missed out on the fun?

Here are the clues from previous weeks.

• Week 1: “I spy with my little eye…14 steps that travel high”
  • Week 2: “I spy with my little eye…a walking path, several trees and 3 lamps that light the sky.”
  • Week 3: “I spy with my little eye… a place where Michael Jordan would fly.”
  • Week 4: “I spy with my little eye… an object that will ‘welcome’ anyone that travels by.”
  • Week 5: “I spy with my little eye… a place where you insert letters and might receive a reply.”
  • Week 6: “I spy with my little eye… a place where you insert letters and might receive a reply.”
  • Week 7: “I spy with my little eye…a rock so large it’s hard to deny.”
  • Week 8: “I spy with my little eye…a “place” where children continue to learn, even in July.”
  • Week 9: “I spy with my little eye… the only grassy quadrangle in UH, I’m not sure why”

The Bucky’s are still up so go find them and share your photos with us! Tag our facebook account. Take a look at photos from others in the community who are playing along!