All residents living in the University Residence Halls are now required to be tested for COVID-19 every week during the fall semester. This testing, along with enhanced cleaning protocols, updated student policies, dedicated isolation and quarantine sites, and thorough contact tracing, is essential to identify cases early and limit the spread of COVID-19.
See your wisc.edu email for your testing schedule’s weekly pattern listed here. It will be on the same day of the week every week, starting with the date listed. Begin scheduling appointments for these dates now. Lakeshore residents are assigned to the Holt Center site, and Southeast residents are assigned to the Ogg Hall site. (Southeast residents can also go to the Kohl Center site if the available times at Ogg do not work for them.)
Required Surveillance Testing
Required weekly COVID-19 testing is part of our Student Housing Handbook that all residents must abide by. If students do not comply with testing or other policies, other than certain approved exceptions*, they can receive disciplinary action or even be removed from the residence halls.
Temporarily leaving campus? If you plan to leave your residence hall for a week or more, please let us know in My UW Housing (“Temporary Vacate Room” form) so that we can account for this in testing follow-up. We recommend testing for COVID-19 while you are away and before you return.
Schedule Your COVID-19 Tests
Reference your assigned day and location above for your recurring surveillance test, and schedule your tests for these dates in advance:
- Schedule tests via University Health Services in MyUHS
- Note: if you do not see any available appointments, check back later as appointments are continuously added to the system
- View instructions for your testing appointment
- Check what to do after receiving your results
- The test is a self-collected nasal swab, observed by University Health Services (UHS) staff
- Most test results will be posted in MyUHS via secure message within 24-48 hours ⎯ make sure to add your cell phone number in MyUHS to receive text message notifications
- Students who test positive will be placed in isolation housing
- Roommates of positive cases will be placed in quarantine housing
- Students can schedule additional free tests at campus testing sites if necessary between their weekly tests
Thanks for Your Help!
With your cooperation on testing requirements, health guidelines, and responsible behavior, we can help keep our campus community safe. We thank you for your help in looking out for yourself and your fellow students.
*There may be a few allowed exceptions to weekly testing and/or quarantine requirements, particularly for students who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 and have recovered. Formal documentation must be submitted for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.