New Faces at University Apartments – September 2020

Ashley Gaskew
Resident Manager, Harvey Street Apartments

Greetings everyone! My name is Ashley Gaskew and I am the new resident manager for Harvey Street Apartments! I have met some of you all already and I am so excited to be in this community with you all.  I am originally from the windy city of Chicago, IL. I received my undergraduate degree from the University of Chicago.  I am familiar with the many and ever-changing seasons of Midwest weather, and enjoy a “true” fall season the most. I am here as a doctoral candidate. I am pursuing a joint Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis. My research looks at the ways faculty at for-profit colleges and universities impact the field of postsecondary education.

When not working and studying, I enjoy shopping, traveling, cooking, and reading. If you have any recommendations, in any of these categories please send them my way!  I have also picked up watching more television shows and movies, so I will happily take those suggestions as well.  As you see me in the community, please safely say hello.

I am excited to continue to foster community here and support all residents! I look forward to providing fun programming and assisting in any way that I can to help the university housing community.

Eric Hammond PortraitEric Hammond
Resident Manager, 900s Eagle Heights

My name is Eric Hammond, the new resident manager for the 900s. I’m originally from Ghana. I’ve lived in Eagle Heights for about 7 years with my wife and our 9-year old son. I am a PhD student in the Clinical Investigation program at the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research. My research focuses on preventing surgical site infections.

During my free time I read the Bible, play gospel music and dance. I also like dancing to hip-life and reggae. I love sports – I play soccer, badminton, and table tennis. When it is sunny, warm, and beautiful outside, I like to bike with my family.

I love meeting residents and helping them settle down into the community. I am very excited about my new position; I look forward to being of assistance to you and bringing joy and smiles to your faces.

Officer Kirchman joined UWPD close to two years ago. Before that, he served as a police officer for over 16 years in the Madison area communities of Shorewood Hills and Maple Bluff. He makes his transition to community officer from a day-shift patrol officer position.