UHS and campus officials have cleared us to lift the quarantine on Sellery and Witte Residence Halls starting Sept. 23 at 8:00 a.m. We made progress in decreasing cases because of the limited interactions with others. In order to keep our cases low and avoid another increase in transmission, we need all residents to continue to limit their interactions. We do not want to have to reinstate or return to additional restrictions.
It’s important to note that this is not the end of COVID-19 restrictions. Our ability to avoid further quarantine of any residence halls or even closing them, depends on our residents following public health guidelines and behavioral requirements (listed below) for the safety of our Badger community. Enforcement of these standards will be continued through the end of the semester.
For those students who feel that these public health guidelines and behavioral requirements are too stringent for you to follow, University Housing will accept contract cancellations through the My UW Housing portal and will return prorated housing funds and unused dining funds. As we continue to closely monitor test data from the residence halls, students may be asked to move rooms in order to decrease density.
Violations of any COVID-related behavioral requirements may result in removal of students from their residence hall and revocation of their Housing contract with no refund.
If you have been quarantining at home or in the building during the past two weeks, here’s everything you need to know about steps moving forward:
Returning from Quarantine at Home?
- Timing: You may return to Sellery and Witte starting today, 9/23, any time after 8:00 a.m. However, there is no need to rush back today.
- Drop-Off: Only residents of the hall are permitted to enter the building at this time. We ask any family/friends who return to campus with their students to remain outside with their vehicle.
- Check-In Hours: On 9/23, there will be a table in your residence hall lobby designated for key pick-up from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. From 9/24 through the weekend, your hall desk will be staffed from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. to get your key.
- Testing Requirements: In order to return and access your room, you must have completed a COVID-19 test since 9/15 and submitted your results through MyUHS. (In MyUHS, select the “Messages” tab, click “New Message,” and select the “COVID-19 Outside Result Report” option to complete the form and attach your lab results documentation.) If your test result was positive for COVID-19, you may return to your residence hall 10 days after your symptoms started if you have been fever-free for at least 24 hours and your symptoms are improving. If you never developed symptoms, you may return to your residence hall 10 days after your positive test.
- Wear face coverings at all times except when in their room with the door closed, including outdoor spaces.
- Maintain 6-feet distance from others, including outdoors and in common areas such as hallways, lounges, and bathrooms.
- No visitors from off-campus or other residence halls.
- Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Comply with required COVID-19 surveillance testing.
- Residents may only visit other resident rooms within their own hall.
- Room owner may only have one visitor in their room at a time. If both roommates are present, each can have a visitor for a total of 4 people in the room.
- Residents may leave the building freely, but they may be required to have their ID checked upon entering to ensure no one enters that is not a resident of that hall. (IDs not checked at all halls or 24/7)
Additional Updates for all Residence Halls
You will also be receiving a message to all residents with Housing updates for all residence halls on visitor policies, COVID-19 testing, dining, and the Sellery renovation project.