Effective immediately, all Housing career employees will be required to complete a mandatory online training course titled, AllerTrain RA.
This course is a gluten-free and food allergy training program. Although this training is geared towards House Fellows, it is important for all Housing career employees to understand how to handle an emergency, should they encounter a resident having a reaction.
Through this online 8-minute food allergy training, you will learn the health implications food allergies have on their residents, emergency protocol, identify common risk factors for students with food allergies on campus and in dining halls. You will also be better prepared to handle emergency situations until medical professionals arrive. Growing allergy awareness help facilitate a safe college experience and encourage students to continue to take responsibility for their health.
AllerTrain RA for Career Housing Staff Instructions
- Go to: https://www.schoox.com/1320414/allertrain-ra
- Sign up as a user on Schoox. You will be asked to provide your first name, last name, an email, and a password. Choose Academy– 1000 plus
- Click on the “More Info” button located on the left side of your screen. You will then be able to select “Redeem a Coupon”.
- Provide coupon (case sensitive) UWMadison2
- Click on Lecture 1 AllerTrain RA
- View your course through to completion
- Each participant will receive an email with a certificate of completion
- Email confirmation of completion to Laurie Teeter at email@example.com
Who is required to complete: All Housing Career Employees
Who does not need to complete this training: All DCS Employees except for FSA1 Titles
When should this training be completed: Now
- New hires must complete training within 30 days of hire
- Annual review is required
- Language: This training is only available in English. CLS will need to be arranged to assist with language interpretation as needed.
- All DCS employees (Except FSA 1 employees) will be required to complete a separate training titled, AllerTrain Lite. Supervisors will be in contact with the employees for details.