Career Exploration Center and Cross-College Advising Services Virtual Events

Wondering how to choose a major? Want to chat with an expert to learn more about possible career paths? The Career Exploration Center (CEC) has a great lineup of virtual events this fall just for you!

Virtual Group Advising: How to Choose a Major

There are more than 150 majors at UW-Madison, so how do you choose? The CEC is here to help as you explore your major options and help you answer your questions such as: How do I choose a major when I am unsure about my career? How do I know if a major is a good fit for me? Learn more

Event dates and registration: October 1 from 3-4 pm, October 6 from 12-1 pm, October 12 from 3-4 pm, October 21 from 6-7 am,  November 6 from 12-1 pm

Virtual Group Advising: How to Choose a Major in the Biosciences

There are more than 30 bioscience majors at UW-Madison, so how do you choose? The CEC is here to help as you explore your bioscience major options and help you answer your questions such as: How do I know which bioscience is best for me? How to I figure out what careers might be available to me with these majors? Learn more

Event date and registration: October 27 from 4-5 pm

Exploring Careers in Healthcare (Virtual Event)

Curious about health careers and wondering how to explore during uncertain times? Or, do you have a career in mind but want to learn more about members of the healthcare team? Attend this workshop to discover helpful exploration resources and chat with advisors from the CEC, the Center for Pre-Health Advising, and L&S SuccessWorks. Learn more

Event dates and registration: October 26 from 4-5 pm, October 29 from 12-1 pm

Virtual Chat with an Expert

Are you interested in exploring career paths by hearing from experts? In these virtual chats, the CEC will be joined by experts from across campus to talk about a variety of different career paths. Each chat will be a facilitated conversation with an expert followed by an opportunity to ask questions.  Learn more

Event dates and registration:

We at the CEC look forward to meeting you and helping you explore majors and careers. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions, would like to set up a virtual advising appointment, or want to learn more about the Career Exploration Center.