COVID-19 Testing Reminders

As a reminder, all students living in the University Residence Halls are required to be tested for COVID-19 every week (Monday-Friday) during the semester according to their assigned day. Appointments must be scheduled in MyUHS through University Health Services (UHS).

Testing Exemptions

If you currently fall into one of the following categories, you are exempt from getting a COVID-19 test.

When Will I Receive My Results? What Happens When I Do?

Most results are received via a MyUHS secure message within 24-48 hours. Add your cell phone number in MyUHS to receive text message notifications.

If you test negative, continue to schedule and attend your weekly testing appointments through the rest of the fall semester.

If you test positive, you will be required to move to isolation housing. Roommates of positive cases will be placed in quarantine housing . We’ll call and send an email with details.

Should I Let Someone Know if I’m Leaving Temporarily?

If you plan to temporarily vacate the residence halls, be sure to let us know as this will impact your testing. Log in to My UW Housing, click on the “Temporary Vacate Room” section, and fill out your information. Note: be sure to mark the “I have already or plan to leave my residence hall” checkbox and provide the date you left/are leaving and the date you plan to return. You must complete all three items for the process to work.

Thanks for your help!

With your cooperation on testing requirements, health guidelines, and responsible behavior, we can help keep our campus community safe. We thank you for your help in looking out for yourself and your fellow students.

For more details about testing, please visit our COVID-19 testing page or our FAQs page.

If you have questions or issues with scheduling your test, contact University Health Services (UHS) directly or contact us.