Employees May Choose Electronic-Only W-2 Distribution

UW employees have the option of receiving all future W-2 and 1095-C tax forms each January via electronic-only distribution, thus eliminating paper form distribution via U.S. mail. If you wish to sign up for electronic-only distribution, you must follow the instructions below before January 18, 2021.

The W-2 form states an employee’s compensation and tax withholding amounts for the previous calendar year. The 1095-C form documents that an employee who worked full-time for all or some months in the previous year was offered health insurance coverage.

Employees will only be able to download their tax forms from MyUW when they’re on a campus computer, connected to the campus wi-fi, or connected to the UW network via a VPN connection. This means that you will need to connect to the UW Madison VPN in order to access your tax statements from home.

Choose Electronic-only Distribution by January 18, 2021

  1. Log into your MyUW portal.
  2. On the Payroll Information tile, select “Tax Statements”.
  3. On the Tax Statements page, choose “Consent to receive W-2 electronically and/or Consent to receive 1095-C electronically”. Complete two separate consent forms BY JANUARY 18, 2021 to choose electronic distribution of the W-2 and 1095-C form.
  4. Check the “I Consent” checkbox.
  5. Choose the “Submit” button.
  6. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours. An email will be sent to you by January 31 alerting you to the electronic availability of your forms.
  7. You may withdraw consent at any time using the directions above and choosing the “Check here to withdraw your consent” checkbox before saving. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
  8. Consent will cease if you terminate employment.

If you do not complete the consent forms, your W-2 and 1095-C forms will be sent to your mailing address in the MyUW portal “Personal Information” section.

If you change your mind and want to sign up for paper mailing again, repeat the steps above to withdraw.

If you have any questions, please contact the Housing Payroll Office at 608-262-2308 or payroll@housing.wisc.edu.