When our undergraduate residents return for the spring semester, with our residence halls reopening for the spring semester starting on January 20, they will see a number of changes on campus that staff should be aware of.
- Residents must sign up for a move-in day and time in My UW Housing
- All COVID-19 testing will be scheduled through the Safer Badgers app
- All residents* must complete a COVID-19 test on campus on their arrival day (or the next morning for late arrivals)
- Residents returning from winter break are asked to self-quarantine and limit activity outside their room until they have received two negative COVID-19 tests on campus
- All residents* are required to participate in COVID-19 testing twice-weekly (every 72 hours) during the spring semester
- Residents will primarily still be testing at the Housing test sites in Holt Center and Ogg Hall, which continue to use the nasal swab testing method rather than the saliva test
- At this time, the Safer Badgers app will not be used to manage access to residence halls
- Most Housing dining markets will be monitored for access through the app
- Housing continues to manage isolation and quarantine spaces for residents who test positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed
- All dining locations will start out being open for take-out only, with the hope to offer reduced in-house seating once campus testing is fully implemented
For more information, visit our COVID-19 FAQs page.
*There may be a few allowed exceptions to recurring testing and/or quarantine requirements, particularly for students who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 and have recovered. Prior positive on-campus test results are being imported into the Safer Badgers app and will be viewable by January 25. If you have a prior positive test from off campus, you can upload it via the Safer Badgers app.