In 2021, eligible employees are contributing 6.75% of their paycheck (before taxes and deductions) into the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), and Housing is contributing a matching amount. If you would like to save more money for retirement, there are some options that you can sign up for at any time.
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- Variable Fund – the funds that you and Housing are contributing to your WRS are automatically invested in the Core Fund which is a mixture of stocks, fixed income, and other assets. Employees have the choice of electing to have 50% of their future WRS investments in the Variable Fund which is 100% stocks. The Variable Fund is a higher risk but also potentially higher reward investment option. ETF has pre-recorded online video about the Variable Fund.
- Additional WRS Contributions – at any time, employees may elect to contribute more money into their WRS retirement account post-tax. To learn more about additional contributions, ETF has pre-recorded online video about Additional Contributions.
In addition to the WRS, there are supplemental options that you can sign up for at any time. There is no employer match on these supplemental retirement options below.
Wisconsin Deferred Compensation
- The WDC Program allows you to invest a portion of your income on either a pre-tax basis, an after-tax basis (Roth), or a combination of both.
- You can schedule an individual appointment by calling (608) 241-6604 or register for an appointment online by going to wdc457.org and clicking on “Schedule a Meeting.”
Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA 403b)
- The UW TSA 403(b) Program allows you to invest a portion of your income on either a pre-tax basis, an after-tax basis (Roth), or a combination of both. With the TSA, you can pick an investment company and invest with them for retirement, and there are low annual fees because UW uses their services.
- You can sign up to view webinars here.
- You can find more information here, or you can call a company to schedule an individual meeting at the numbers listed below.
- Fidelity – 1-800-642-7131
- T. Rowe Price – 1-888-263-2899
- Lincoln – 608-238-8388
- Ameriprise – 608-819-0500
*Employees must use their time off and schedule in advance with their supervisor if they would like to attend any sessions during their regular work time.