Daylight Savings Time begins (“Spring Ahead”) on Sunday, March 14th at 2:00am. Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead an hour.
For employees working on Saturday night/Sunday morning who will punch or are paid to schedule with an in/out time between 1:00am and 2:59am, special actions may need to be taken in employees’ Kronos timesheets. Please note that employees who receive a stipend payment are not impacted by this.
- Employees whose schedule automatically loads into their Kronos may have shift totals calculating incorrectly. Kronos should be automatically calculating shifts that cross Daylight Savings Time correctly for employees who punch a timeclock.
- We still ask that supervisors review any impacted employees’ time to make sure the total shift length is calculating correctly.
- Add up the hours that the employee worked (including the lost hour, if worked) and compare your total to the Kronos Daily total
- For example, if the employee worked 10 hours and Kronos is showing the total as 9, you will need to add 1 hour.
- Supervisors may need to add one hour or subtract one hour at the end of the shift to ensure the employee is paid correctly:
- Add a line to Saturday, March 13th.
- Choose “DST” or “DST Student” in the Pay Code column
- Add 1.0 (to add an hour) or -1.0 (to subtract an hour) in the Amount column
- Check the Daily total column to see if time is calculating correctly.
- Save the changes
- After adding or subtracting the hour, please add a comment to the shift (“Daylight Savings Time – Punch Altered”)
If you have any questions please contact the payroll office at 262-2308 or email@example.com.