Our storage policy changed from winter to summer items May 1. Please make sure any items you will be moving outside in accordance with the policy have red property stickers on them. If you have questions about what is allowed to be stored outside in the summer, please see the complete Storage Policy.
Waste and Recycling
- Please put trash in the proper dumpsters, not on the ground.
- Metal, appliances and large furniture are the only things that should be left outside the dumpsters.
- Cardboard boxes should be flattened so that the recycling dumpsters can accommodate more items.
- If you are moving out, bikes may be left at the dumpster or you can donate them to a local charity.
- Please remember to drive slow and watch for children. Pedestrians, please stay on the sidewalks and use the crosswalks when crossing the road.
- Turkey alert: Spring is mating season for turkeys. Please stay as far away from them as possible and do not feed them. If they come towards you, turn around and walk away at a normal pace (do not run).
- Grilling season is also starting. Please do not use grills on the second story of a building. Safety regulations require they be on the ground and at least 10 feet away from the building. Do not leave starting fluid outside where kids can get to it. LP tanks must be fastened or bolted to the grill or have a locking cap per City of Madison fire ordinances.
- Small, green LP tanks must be removed after using. Grills in lawn areas must be put back by the building when cooled so that they are out of the way of lawn mowers. Do not use small grills on top of picnic tables.
- Per the City of Madison fire code, all fire rescue platforms outside of the buildings must be cleared of any property. Please do not place plants on the platforms. You may have plastic planters along the building as long as they are not in a walkway. They cannot block a door, stairs, gas meters or bike racks.
- Please do not store any chemicals outside, such as car fluids or cleaners. This is very dangerous with the many children we have in our community. These items will be removed by the grounds staff.
Tree Removal and Planting
We will be removing select Ash trees that are going to die and become dangerous. Beginning Monday, April 26th, Wolfe Tree Service Inc. will be removing several dead Ash trees located throughout University Apartments. This work will take place weather permitting between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm.
During this time Wolfe Tree Service will be using some heavy equipment. Please keep a safe distance from the work and avoid standing or walking too close to where the work is taking place.
With the warmer weather and things turning green, it means it is lawn mowing time again. Starting Wednesday, April 28th between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm Reliable Property Services will be mowing and trimming the grass areas in Eagle Heights and University Houses every Wednesday for the mowing season. Mowing is done based on weather conditions, so if mowing does not take place on Wednesdays it will be rescheduled for the following day.
In an effort to mow and trim all grass areas please be sure to have all property removed from the grass areas and stored properly. If items are left in the grass areas they may be removed according to the University Apartments storage policy.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns.