CSA and Responsible Employee Annual Training
Under the Clery Act, certain staff, faculty, and student employees, including any employee who travels with students, have mandated reporting obligations. These individuals, called “Campus Security Authorities” (CSAs) are required to forward statistical reports of crimes to designated offices on campus.
Title IX Responsible Employees have a duty to report to the Title IX Coordinator any information they receive that suggests a violation of this policy has occurred or is occurring.
Who is a Responsible Employee?
People designated as “Responsible Employees” are in positions where they are seen as trusted representatives of the university.
- Vice Chancellors, Vice Provosts, Deans and all other Limited Appointees, including Directors
- This includes Associate and Assistant Deans, as well as Associate and Assistant Directors
- Department Chairs
- Human Resources Representatives
- Academic Department Administrators (Employees who lead a variety of administrative duties (fiscal, purchasing, human resources, etc.) in an academic department or research center.
- This role typically includes advising students and/or supervising student employees
- University Housing Managers and Supervisors
- University Housing Student Supervisors
- University Housing House Fellows
- University Housing Resident Managers
- Student Services Staff (Employees whose duties require them to have regular or daily contact with students
- This includes employees who are responsible for directly providing services to undergraduate and graduate students and to student organizations unless designated as a confidential resource)
- This category includes those serving as advisors to student groups
- This includes Academic Advisors
Register at http://Go.wisc.edu/Housing-LED
This training will be virtual using Zoom.
CLS will be available upon advanced request to Laurie Teeter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 9 – 9:00-10:00am
- August 10 – 11:00-12:00pm
- August 12 – 3:00-4:00pm
- August 16 – 1:00-2:00pm
- August 17 – 2:00-3:00pm