Get to Know Housing Staff: Erin Strange

Erin Strange portraitWhat is your name and how long have you been in your current position?

My name is Erin Kay Strange and I have been in my position since January 2019.

What is your current role in University Housing?

I am currently an Assistant Director in Residence Life and my focus area is student conduct and student support.

How long have you been with University Housing? Other campus positions?

I have been with UW-Madison since August 2016 and previously worked in the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

What do you do on a typical day in your job?

I review all incident reports submitted by House Fellows from the residence halls, I meet with students accused of violating policy, I meet with and support students navigating mental health challenges, and I attend various meetings and committees.

What’s your favorite thing about working with students who are living on campus?

I love talking with students as they reflect on their behavioral choices and helping them understand the interconnectedness of living within the residence hall community.

What is a past work accomplishment that you’re proud of?

I’m really proud of all Housing and the way we responded to and worked to support students living with us during the unprecedented pandemic.

What is a secret talent that your co-workers may not know about?

I still know every move from the dance routine my friends and I made up in 1989 and performed at the school assembly.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Madison, Wisconsin!

Where is your favorite place in the world?

Kauai, Hawaii! Anywhere on the island.

What are you passionate about?

My family, reading, and birds.

What is your favorite TV show, movie, or book?

HBO’s Search Party

What is your favorite family/home tradition?

I love to make my Grandma’s famous springerle cookies for Christmas.

If you would like to see one of your coworkers featured in a future issue, email marketing@housing.wisc.edu with your coworker’s name and their supervisor’s name.