Tuition Reimbursement Policy
Employees who are considering or who have already made a commitment to an educational program may seek reimbursement for tuition costs associated with the classes related either to their existing position, or in some cases, promotional opportunities.
- Documents for requesting, approving and receiving reimbursement can be found located on the Housing HR Toolbox. All requests are carefully reviewed and must be approved from the immediate Supervisor, the Department Heads, and the Director of Housing.
- University Staff, Academic Staff, Fixed-Term Finite, Fixed-Term Terminal employees and Limited staff with half time (0.5 FTE) or greater appointments are eligible.
- Employees may seek reimbursement for tuition for no more than 18 credits per fiscal year.
- Employees must obtain successful completion in the course of “C” or better in order to be reimbursed.
Job-Related Coursework and Professional Development
Employees may now apply to attend job-related coursework and training programs, credit and noncredit, including workshops, conferences, and seminars that have associated costs.
- Requests must be approved by Supervisor and Department Head.
- Each department within the Division, has a budget for these opportunities per year, therefore, requests are reviewed carefully.
- The Housing Training Request/Approval Form can be located in the Housing HR Toolbox.
University Housing continues to recognize the importance of supporting the educational ventures of our staff. We strive to prepare all employees for ongoing growth opportunities. Housing employees should commit to a minimum of two professional development opportunities each calendar year.