Get to Know Housing Staff: Christine Yim

Christine YimWhat is your name and how long have you been in your current position?

My name is Christine Yim (she/hers) and I have been in my current position for 2 years. Starting year 3!

What is your current role in University Housing?

I am the Conduct Coordinator for Residence Life.

How long have you been with University Housing? Other campus positions?

I just completed my 5th year with University Housing. Before my current position, I was a Residence Life Coordinator for Cole, Sullivan, and Leopold Halls and Witte Hall.

What do you do on a typical day in your job?

I mainly focus on meeting with students to discuss the impact of the behaviors and choices they may have made or participated in a situation that was documented by student staff.

What’s your favorite thing about working with students who are living on campus?

Not just those who are living on campus, but everyone has a story of their own to share and I’m always willing to listen. It’s amazing how much we may not know about each other until we are offered the opportunity to listen and share.

What is a past work accomplishment that you’re proud of?

Basically, I’m proud of getting through this past year with my supervisor and department.

What is a secret talent that your co-workers may not know about?

I know how to properly fold a fitted sheet.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Pennsylvania.

Where is your favorite place in the world?

Costco

What are you passionate about?

Baking. I love baking any and all things! My favorite thing to bake so far has been Everything Sourdough Bagels!

What is your favorite TV show, movie, or book?

My favorite TV show, at the moment, is Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix

What is your favorite family/home tradition?

Every Christmas, we get together at my parents’ home and it’s one of the rare times I get to see my parents and siblings all at one time and in one place

If you would like to see one of your coworkers featured in a future issue, email marketing@housing.wisc.edu with your coworker’s name and their supervisor’s name.