The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the food service industry in the United States through staffing shortages and supply chain issues. Many of you have already experienced this through long waits at local restaurants and unavailable products at grocery stores. Unfortunately, this has also affected our dining markets in University Housing, leading to longer lines and unavailable menu items.
To continue providing the best service and high-quality offerings to our you and all our customers, we are making the following changes, effective this Friday, September 10, 2021:
- Gordon Avenue Market and Four Lakes Market will switch to all-you-care-to-eat (buffet style) service for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This means you will pay for your meal upon entry to the market.
- Resident meal prices at these locations will be $4.99 for breakfast, $5.99 for lunch, and $6.99 for dinner.
- Non-resident meal prices at these locations will be $8.31 for breakfast, $9.98 for lunch, and $11.65 for dinner.
- Please enter Gordon Market from one of the west entrances by Flamingo Run or Southeast Cafe (east doors by Witte will be exit only), and enter Four Lakes Market from the east doors (doors by Lake Mendota Room will be exit only).
- Grab-and-go options will be expanded at Flamingo Run convenience store locations in Gordon Dining & Event Center and Dejope Hall, where service will continue to be à la carte (pay for what you take).
- Gordon Avenue Market and Four Lakes Market will close between meal periods each day and will end service one hour earlier in the evening:
- Weekdays (Mon-Fri): breakfast 7-10am, lunch 11am-2pm, and dinner 4-8pm
- Weekends (Sat-Sun): brunch 9am-2pm, and dinner 4-8pm
- Flamingo Run at both locations will remain open 10am-10pm daily
- The Southeast Café in the Gordon Dining & Event Center will temporarily close.
- Additional dine-in seating will be available in the Lake Mendota Room at Dejope Hall and upstairs at Gordon Dining & Event Center.
- You can continue to place online orders from all locations for pickup through GrubHub or for delivery through Starship (both will still have à la carte pricing).
- You can continue to use Ticket to Takeout containers at any dining market for taking food to go (container must close and you will need to leave the dining area after getting your food).
Currently, there are no changes planned for our other dining markets at this time. All of our locations remain open to the public, except for Liz’s Market which is only open to Housing residents (from any residence hall) for the 2021-22 Academic Year.
Our staff has been working tirelessly to maintain their own high expectations of serving you. These changes allow us to provide you with a better experience, hopefully with shorter wait times, while maintaining large variety in our menus, high-quality food, and a great value. It also provides us with more flexibility in our staffing, so that we can better serve you.
As we continue to work through industry-wide supply chain challenges, there may be times when our menus do not match what is being served at our markets, or there may be substitutions. We will do our best to maintain accurate menus and provide you with plenty of high-quality options.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have additional questions about dietary needs or food accommodations, please contact our Housing Dietitian at email@example.com.