Emergency Funding Available For Students

Badgers may face financial emergencies during their time at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  The resources below provide an overview of emergency financial support options. If you are experiencing current emergency circumstances that are preventing you from meeting immediate and essential expenses, then there may be financial assistance available to support. Essential expenses may include limited access to food, lack of housing, or an emergency medical situation.  Funding is limited and financial assistance may not be available to fulfill each request.

 Emergency Funding —You may submit an Emergency Support Request using the online form in your MyUW Student Center (under Student eForms and the Financial Aid folder).  Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and can be made regardless of residency or citizenship status. Contact finaid@finaid.wisc.edu with any questions or for assistance in completing the form.

Basic Needs — Let the university’s basic needs assistants help you find community resources for internet/technology, childcare, housing, employment, and more.  Please note that their services and resources can be accessed whether you are currently in the Madison area or elsewhere.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 608-262-3060 or at finaid@finaid.wisc.edu.