Get to Know Housing Staff: Trevor Potter

Portrait of Trevor PotterWhat is your name and how long have you been in your current position?

My name is Trevor Potter, and I have been at Liz’s Market for 3.5 years.

What is your current role in University Housing?

My current role is Food Service Assistant 1.

How long have you been with University Housing? Other campus positions?

I have been with Housing for 3.5 years, and have not been in any other position on campus.

What do you do on a typical day in your job?

A typical day in my job is washing the dirty prep dishes and the ones brought back from 1849 and Global Kitchen. I help restock plates and train students in the back of house like how to run the dish machine and where all the clean dishes go once they are washed.  Every day, I have a checklist of things to do which can include cleaning and help filling the ice machine with ice.

What’s your favorite thing about working with students who are living on campus?

My favorite thing about working with students is training them to be successful and having fun so it’s not just a job but something they like to do for extra money.

What is a past work accomplishment that you’re proud of?

My past work accomplishment was helping out with Grounds on campus during the closing period during the summer time. It was a lot of physical outdoor work.

What is a secret talent that your co-workers may not know about?

The secret talent of mine would be eating leftover food and not heating it up. I don’t mind cold food.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Madison, Wisconsin.

Where is your favorite place in the world?

My favorite place in the world in the world is right here in Madison. I am not a big fan of traveling, actually.

What are you passionate about?

I am passionate about video games, and I always have the latest game.

What is your favorite TV show, movie, or book?

My favorite TV show is Malcolm in the Middle.

What is your favorite family/home tradition?

My favorite family tradition is getting together at Thanksgiving and being with loved ones.

If you would like to see one of your coworkers featured in a future issue, email marketing@housing.wisc.edu with your coworker’s name and their supervisor’s name.