The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period for 2022 runs from Monday, September 27 – Friday, October 22. This is the only time of the year when you can make benefits changes unless you have a life event (marriage, birth of a child, divorce, etc.) that allows you to change your benefits. Changes made during this period will be effective January 1, 2022.
Important Dates to Know and Things to Plan For
- Friday, October 22 at 4:30 pm is the deadline for insurance applications. They must be submitted online via MyUW or received as an email attachment to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox by 4:30 pm in order to qualify for 2022 benefits changes. We cannot accept late applications.
- We encourage you to complete all applications before Thursday, October 21 at 4:30 pm so that the Housing Payroll & Benefits Specialists can review them before the final submission date.
- We will be available for individual benefits appointments to answer questions and help enroll via eBenefits. Appointments are now posted online for sign-ups here!
- We are offering in-person and virtual meeting options
- During ABE (and the rest of the year), please direct any payroll or benefits related emails to the Payroll Inbox (email@example.com) instead of to Juli or Rachel directly. This helps us to respond more quickly, divide up the work, and we all know whether something has gotten a reply. Thank you!
- During the Annual Benefits Enrollment period, check your Wisc email account for communication regarding benefits changes.
- Remember that some such as the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and the accompanying Health Savings Account (HSA), the $2,000 Opt-Out Incentive, and the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical or dependent care must be renewed every year. Even if you are happy with the benefits that you have right now, you should still review them to make sure that everything will carry over.
2021 Well Wisconsin Reminder
Visit https://www.webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin/ for more information.
- October 8, 2021 is the deadline to complete and submit all required activities for your 2021 Well Wisconsin incentive. The required activities are:
- Health Assessment Questionnaire
- Well-Being Activity
- Health Check (this can be a Dental Exam, Coaching Call, Health Care Provider Form, or on-site or at-home biometric screening)
- There’s still time! Even if you’re not scheduled for an on-site screening, you can still fill out the Health Care Provider form – all you need is your blood pressure (taken any time this past year), height, and weight. You can mail or upload the form back. You could also give the date of a dental exam in the past year.
Employee Benefits & Resource Fair
- There are multiple options for attending benefits resource sessions this year
- On-Site: UW-Madison is offering an on-site Employee Resource Fair where employees can learn about benefits offerings. No pre-registration is required.
- Tuesday, October 5 from Noon-4 pm in Varsity Hall, Union South
- Virtual: The UW System is offering virtual Employee Benefits Fair sessions throughout ABE with different vendors offering webinar sessions at different times. You can register for and watch these sessions from your computer or smartphone at https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/total-rewards/events/fairs/
- You may attend these sessions during your regular work schedule by coordinating with your supervisors to ensure that needed coverage is maintained so all interested employees have an opportunity to attend sessions.
Benefits Seminars with Questions and Answers
- The Madison Benefits Office is offering benefits information sessions. These seminars are open to all UW-Madison benefit eligible employees and are intended to provide you with information regarding changes to the 2022 UW benefits package.
- We strongly encourage you to attend one of these info sessions if you are considering making benefits changes or have questions.
- You may attend these sessions during your regular work schedule by coordinating with your supervisors to ensure that needed coverage is maintained so all interested employees have an opportunity to attend a session.
- You can view all sessions and register online at: https://hr.wisc.edu/benefits/annual-benefits-enrollment/#calendar-and-events or you can watch pre-recorded sessions online (not available yet). Housing HR will send links to the pre-recorded sessions once campus makes them available.
Cultural Linguistics Services (CLS) Benefits Seminars and Individual Meetings
- Cultural Linguistics Services (CLS) sessions will be offered on Thursday, October 7 from 2-3:30 PM in 21 N Park Street for all supported languages (Hmong, Tibetan, Nepali, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish).
- All employees who utilize CLS language support services are encouraged to attend one of these sessions.
- If recordings of CLS supported benefits info sessions are made available, we will send out an email with links when they are ready to view.
- Individual Benefits Meetings with CLS:
- Housing benefits meetings for employees who need CLS language support will be available the week of October 11-15. Employees can register for a meeting online at https://forms.gle/3ncJ5dWmq3zqPQ4g9 or work with your supervisor to schedule a meeting.
- Thursday, October 21 from Noon – 3pm – there will be a make-up session with CLS in room 1106 of 21 N Park Street that is available for walk-in appointments.
- Currently CLS does not have availability beyond this for individual employee benefits meetings.
Individual Benefits Meetings
- During the Annual Benefits Enrollment period, Housing Payroll & Benefits staff will be available to meet individually with employees who have benefits questions.
- CLS interpreters will be available for benefits meetings by appointment only the week of October 11-15.
- Housing will have benefits stations in the University Apartments Community Center, the Jones Facilities Office, and at the Slichter HR Office. Other locations may be added throughout the month of October.
- You must make a benefits appointment in advance to guarantee a meeting with a Housing Benefits Specialist. Appointments will be available via Teams, Zoom, Webex, phone call, or in person. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions.
- You can schedule an appointment online at https://forms.gle/3ncJ5dWmq3zqPQ4g9 or email or call us at email@example.com or 608-262-2766 to schedule an appointment.
- Prior to your appointment, please review the attached Benefits Guide and/or watch a Benefits Seminar session.
Making Benefits Changes
- We highly recommend that employees who are using eBenefits still meet with a Housing benefits specialist to review their options before submitting.
- If you feel comfortable enrolling on your own, you can find instructions and resources here: https://hr.wisc.edu/benefits/new-employee-benefits-enrollment/online-enrollment/
- Please do not wait until the last day to make changes – we cannot view eBenefits updates until the following day, so we have no way of catching errors made on October 22.