Hi Team! The Housing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee wanted to share a new resource for all employees and supervisors! We have created a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Folder within the Training Folder in the HR Toolbox. This will serve as a hub of different resources our team will provide and share for any trainings or additional resources. It is located in the HR Sharepoint. You can click on the Human Resources Toolbox Link, click on Training and then click on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We will be adding content on a regular basis. Here is a screenshot of the folder as well:
In addition, we will be creating educational content to the Housing Staff Newsletter every two weeks! If you’d like to learn more about a specific diversity, equity and inclusion topic, please connect with your department’s representative!
Every two weeks, we will also highlight some upcoming Holidays & Observances.
- January 16-17 (sundown to sundown): Rosh Hashanah, Jewish Holiday recognizing ‘The New Year of Trees”
- January 17: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, commemorating Rev. Martin Luther King, JR who lead nonviolent social change and won a Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.
- February: Black History Month (US and Canada) – recognized since 1976 to remember the contributions of people of the African diaspora.
- February 1: Lunar New Year, one of the most sacred and traditional holidays in several Asian communities (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Mogolian and Vietnamese)
- February 5: Vasant Panchami, the Hindu festival that highlights the coming of spring