The Annual Benefits Enrollment (ABE) period for 2022 runs from Monday, September 26 – Friday, October 21. This is the only time of the year when you can make benefits changes unless you have a life event (marriage, birth of a child, divorce, employment change, etc.) that allows you to change your benefits. Changes made during this period will be effective January 1, 2023. Here is the website to refer to: https://www.wisconsin.edu/abe/
Important Dates to Know and Things to Plan For
- Friday, October 21 at 4:30 pm is the deadline for insurance applications. They must be submitted online via your MyUW or received as an email attachment to the email@example.com inbox by 4:30 pm in order to qualify for 2023 benefits changes. We cannot accept late applications.
- Do not email your SSN on your application. If you email a paper application – do no include SSNs on it. Call Housing Payroll and leave us a message with the numbers, 608.262.2308.
- We highly recommend you submit all emailed applications before Thursday, October 20 at 4:30 pm so that the Housing Payroll & Benefits Specialists can review them before the final submission date.
- During ABE (and the rest of the year), please direct any payroll or benefits related emails to the Payroll Inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) instead of to Cora or Cady directly. This helps us to respond more efficiently and allows overall awareness in the department. Thank you!
- During the Annual Benefits Enrollment period, check your Wisc email account for communication regarding benefits changes.
- Keep in mind these important tidbits:
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) must have an accompanying Health Savings Account (HSA),
- the $2,000 Opt-Out Incentive,
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical or dependent care must be renewed every year. Be sure to review the amount you are committing for the benefit year.
- WEA Trust for Health Insurance will not be available in 2023. If you have this as your provider, you will need to make a new choice.
Employee Benefits & Resource Fair
- On-Site: dates, times and registration links coming soon!
- Virtual: The UW System is offering virtual Employee Benefits Fair sessions throughout ABE with different vendors offering webinar sessions at different times. You can register for and watch these sessions from your computer or smartphone at https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/total-rewards/events/fairs/
- You may attend these sessions during your regular work schedule by coordinating with your supervisors to ensure that needed coverage is maintained so all interested employees have an opportunity to attend sessions.
Benefits Seminars with Questions and Answers
- The Madison Benefits Office is offering benefits information sessions. These seminars are open to all UW-Madison benefit eligible employees and are intended to provide you with information regarding changes to the 2023 UW benefits package.
- We strongly encourage you to attend one of these info sessions if you are considering making benefits changes or have questions.
- You may attend these sessions during your regular work schedule by coordinating with your supervisors to ensure that needed coverage is maintained so all interested employees have an opportunity to attend a session.
- You can view all sessions and register online at: https://hr.wisc.edu/benefits/annual-benefits-enrollment/#calendar-and-events (not yet available) or you can watch pre-recorded sessions online (not available yet). Housing HR will send links to the pre-recorded sessions once campus makes them available.
Cultural Linguistics Services (CLS) Benefits Seminars and Individual Meetings
- Cultural Linguistics Services (CLS) sessions will be offered on Thursday, October 5, from 9:30 am until 11:00 am at Gordon’s 770 W. Dayton St. for ESL.
- All employees who utilize CLS language support services are encouraged to attend one of these sessions.
- If recordings of CLS supported benefits info sessions are made available, we will send out an email with links when they are ready to view.
Individual Benefits Meetings with CLS
- Employees who indicated interest in having a meeting after the CLS supported group session on October 5, 2022, will have a meeting scheduled with HR through their Supervisor
- Currently CLS does not have availability beyond this for individual employee benefits meetings.
Making Benefits Changes
- Use this link as a resource for supporting you through the ABE self-enrollment: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/help/benefits.php
- As you work through your ABE event and you have questions or concerns, you can reach out to use through our email at email@example.com or by phone at 608-262-2308.
- Please do not wait until the last day to make changes – we cannot view eBenefits updates until the following day, so we have no way of catching errors made on October 21.