Cybersecurity Awareness Training is due December 1, 2022
Cybersecurity Awareness Training service applies to all staff. New employees will be required to complete training each year by December 1, 2022, (as mandated for all employees, this includes student hourly and graduate student employees). New employees need to review the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources policy (Source: wisconsin.edu) upon hire.
This online training includes security best practices and information on your role in protecting the University’s systems and data. Training topics include but are not limited to social engineering, sensitive data protection, password security, ransomware, and email security.
- Helps to protect your personal identity and will help safeguard the digital resources of the University
- Educates you on best Cybersecurity practices
- Informs you about IT policies that you are required to follow
- Provides you with valuable information that you can share with family and friends to help keep their data secure
- Fulfills your annual mandatory Cybersecurity Awareness Training requirement.
- This is a text-based Cybersecurity Awareness Training delivered in Canvas by the UW–Madison Office of Cybersecurity. This training has been translated into our six languages (English, Spanish, Hmong, Tibetan, Chinese, and Nepali) and is very accessible to all users, including those with disabilities.
- Select your preferred language and log in using your NetID and password.
- Once you complete the training, you will receive immediate confirmation of successful completion of this training.
- The 2022 training is provided through Canvas and should take about 30 minutes to complete. To pass, you must correctly answer 80 percent of the 17 multiple choice questions. The training does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can return to the training to pick up where you left off and complete it at your convenience. You can retake the quiz until you pass.
- If you have questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.