The 50th annual Partners in Giving campaign has kicked off!
UW–Madison employees can donate to the local, national, and international charities of their choice to make a difference in the causes they care about. Online pledges can be made through payroll deduction or by credit card at giving.wi.gov.
Information about other ways give, such as using a paper pledge form, can be found at giving.wi.gov/about-us/options-for-giving. As little as $1 per pay period adds up to make a positive impact in our community and around the world.
New this year are virtual Charity Lunch and Learns. On-campus campaign activities run through November 30, 2022; contributions are welcomed through May 2023.
Housing is offering several special events throughout October and November to give alternate ways to support the Partners in Giving Campaign. Details can be found on the HR Toolbox at Partners in Giving Campaign 2022 – HR Toolbox (wisc.edu)
Upcoming Partners in Giving Special Events
This zoom event will feature a picture slide show set to music of Housing Staff in their younger years. Contestants will receive a downloadable playing card listing names of all Housing staff who submitted a photo. Win by correctly matching each numbered photo in the slide show to the correct staffer!
We need your help! We are looking for photos of Housing staff members from a different age in your life, where you may or may not be recognizable, to be used in our Guess Who game slideshow. So, show off that old prom dress or tuxedo, or that bad 80s perm, wearing your favorite Halloween costume your mom made, high school senior photo, or let everyone know you were the cutest baby.
Want to play?
- Date: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, from 3:00-4:00pm
- Register to play or to submit a fun photo: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSchgkR_jVSrhvR8hD7mTSn2dM__WfOPk8FFJnDO3N17MOTCvQ/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
- Suggested donation for players is $5.
- If you submit a photo, you can still play! You just will not receive a point for correctly matching your own name to our own photograph…because that would be cheating.
Your donation can be submitted to MobileCause at https://igfn.us/form/hKGE8Q. In the Special Event Description field, enter Housing Guess Who or given to one of our Partners in Giving Housing Representatives.
A mix of UW Housing and general trivia awaits you and your team! Along with bragging rights, the winning team will receive a reward fit for the wisest among us!
SUGGESTED DONATION (per team): $25.00 or $5.00 per person
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2022, from 2:00PM-3:00PM
Location: Dejope Hall Classroom (virtual option TBD)
Snacks will be provided!
Ready to go? Please send team name and list of team members to Shawna Veselsky (email@example.com) no later than Friday, October 21, 2022.
Your donation can be submitted to MobileCause at https://igfn.us/form/hKGE8Q. In the Special Event Description field, enter Housing Trivia or given to one of our Partners in Giving Housing Representatives.
November 11, 2022
Veterans Day is an important day to “thank your veterans” as we show appreciation to members of our military, past and present. The theme for Veterans Day 2022 is “Honor.”
Veterans are proud of their military service in defending our nation. Honor reflects the military value and tradition of answering the call to duty. There is distinct honor in serving to protect our way of life and the Constitution of the United States of America.
If you’re looking for an appropriate way to honor a veteran in your life or would like to contribute in a way that’s meaningful for veterans everywhere, consider donating to Veteran-Focused Charities during the Partners in Giving campaign.
There are wonderful organizations that offer all manner of support, services, and appreciation for our service members. Partners in Giving offers a large list of charities that your charitable contribution can make a direct impact to provide to our veterans, service members and their families.
Here are your options for giving:
- Give through E-pledge. Go to https://giving.wi.gov and click on the yellow DONATE NOW button. Click on you are a UW employee and log in with your NetID. Choose your charities, and then follow the instructions to donate. Choose your payment method and complete the form. Payroll deduction, credit/debit card, and PayPal are all options for giving.
- Partners in Giving Lunch and Learn Event:
- You are invited to join us for a Virtual Charity Lunch and Learn. The Charity Lunch and Learns will occur every Tuesday during the Partners in Giving Campaign. Grab your lunch and join us to hear from charities who are making an impact locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Charity Topic: Veterans
- Date & Time: Tuesday, November 8, 12:00-12:30 p.m. Click Here to Register
- Virtual Charity Lunch and Learn – Tuesday, November 8, 12-12:30 p.m. (constantcontact.com)
Cookie Decorating Party
- Date & Time: November 16, 2022, at 4:00pm
- Location: Gordon Dining & Event Center- Central Production Kitchen
- Suggested Donation: $5.00 to decorate and take home 6 cookies
- Registration is due November 4, 2022. Register at https://forms.gle/nZSLRaKuSH5yve9t5.
- Your Donation can be submitted to MobileCause at https://igfn.us/form/hKGE8Q. In the Special Event Description field, enter Cookie Decorating or given to one of our Partners in Giving Housing Representatives.