Housing career staff who are paid hourly will now receive an additional $1.70/hour when working between 6:00am – 6:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays! This addition is effective on January 1, 2023, and applies to Housing career staff paid hourly (except TEs), and to some exempt/salaried staff.
What is it?
Effective January 1, 2023, University Housing has added a weekend day premium of $1.70/hour to hours worked between 6:00am – 6:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The campus existing weekend differential continues to also pay $0.80 from Saturday, 12:00am to Sunday, 11:59pm.
- University Housing is adding an additional $1.70/hour premium for hours worked between 6:00am – 6:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Who does it apply to?
Hourly career staff employees in University Housing, plus salaried/exempt staff where weekend hours potentially are a part of their schedule and/or they have University Staff counterparts.
- Temporary Employees and student staff are not eligible for this University Housing weekend day premium.
- If you are in a salaried/exempt position and you are eligible, your timesheet was configured to calculate differentials and you were notified via email at that time.
How is this paid?
- Housing will pay the additional premium as a lump sum following the lump sum pay schedule (HR Toolbox – campus connection required)
- This will appear on paychecks as “US Lmp Pmt No IC/Stu/Trn” or “AS Lmp Pmt No IC/Stu/Trn”
If you have questions on this, please talk with your supervisor, or contact the University Housing Human Resources office at email@example.com.