640 Elm Drive | Madison, WI 53706-1134 | Map
Dejope Desk: (608) 890-4895
Capacity: 408 beds
Dejope Hall opened in August 2012 in the lakeshore area, adjacent to Lake Mendota. The four residential floors feature air-conditioned, carpeted spacious double occupancy rooms in a cluster-style floor plan with 5-12 residents per bathroom. The first floor provides Four Lakes Market dining, a classroom, large meeting room (Lake Mendota Room), tech center, University Health Services (UHS)office, desk services and laundry facilities. Living areas feature residential floor lounges with kitchenettes and two small meetings rooms per floor. The outdoor terrace with fire circle offers a scenic gathering place to relax and have a catered reception or picnic. Recreation options abound including nearby tennis courts, sand volleyball, a lakeshore biking and pedestrian path and the UW Gymnasium Natatorium.
Dejope is the name that the Ho-Chunk and other American Indians have called the Madison area for thousands of years, meaning “Four Lakes” in the Ho-Chunk language. Learn more about naming of Dejope Hall. More information about the theme and building features can be found in our Dejope Hall History & Culture info sheet.