Meeting Planning Schedule
- 1-3 years in advance: Tentative booking based on estimated room block
- 9 months in advance: Room and board rates available and discuss contract overview
- Sept. – Feb.: Complete contracts, secure meeting rooms
- Jan. – April: Finalize meal times, spaces, equipment needs. Finalize check-in/out details, assignments to Conference Services.
- 30 days in advance: Close registration and assign room, send participant information and room assignments to Conference Services. Final attendance estimate due.
- 3 days in advance: Guaranteed counts due
- 30 days after departure: All payments due unless paid in advance
Meeting Rooms and Audio-Visual Equipment
University Housing Conference Services offers several meeting rooms and meeting planning assistance to our guests at no additional charge. To reserve a University Housing room or Audio-Visual equipment, please contact University Housing Conference Services. Meeting space and equipment reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
In most cases, there are no additional equipment fees for University Housing residential summer programs and conferences. The conference sponsor will be responsible for fees for any lost, stolen or damaged equipment.
Audio-Visual (AV) Equipment Reservations
Residential conference programs can reserve AV equipment as soon as the conference is confirmed with a signed letter of agreement with University Housing. Equipment requests are due at least three weeks prior to your program. The equipment reservation will include:
- Set-up of AV equipment before your program
- Removal of AV equipment after your program
- Trouble shooting for any reserved equipment
Audio/Video/Projection Equipment Available
- Audio/Video/Projection Other Equipment
- Microphones (handheld, lapel: wired and wireless)
- Portable public address/sound systems for indoor use
- Data projectors (for computer-related presentations)
- DVD players
- Televisions (various sizes)
Other Equipment Available
- Dry-erase boards
- Chalk boards
- Easels for flip charts
- Extension cords
- Microphone stands
- Podiums (table top and floor)
- Power strips
- Telephones (free local calls)
Other Options Available
Summer programs and conferences can make arrangements to secure AV equipment from outside sources. The conference sponsor and organizers are responsible for all costs, delivery, set-up, removal, security, and any other arrangements related to the use of non-Housing equipment. University Housing does not assume any liability for equipment used for summer programs and conferences.