We Need YOU to Pick the Winner
We got over 70 entries and our student Dining Advisory Board has narrowed it down to our three finalists! Now, here’s where you come in. We need you to pick the winner. Sign up for a FREE tasting at 2:00 pm on Dec. 5 at Gordon Dining & Event Center or at 2:00 pm on Dec. 6 at Four Lakes Market to try all three burgers and cast your vote for your favorite.
Meet the Top Three Burgers
Here’s what you’ll be tasting! All burgers feature Applegate’s Great Organic Blend Burger.
- The Wisconsin Three Cheese: (Submitted by Drew Dlugopolski): Topped with cheese curds, a cheese slice, and a creamy cheese sauce all on a pretzel bun
- Breakfast Bonanza: (Submitted by Thomas Harr): A classic American cheeseburger on a Greenbush Bakery glazed donut
- Baja Burger: (Submitted John Batarekh): Pepper jack cheese, mashed avocado, fresh jalapeño, haystack onions, red onion, lettuce, and a tasty sauce of mayo, chipotle powder, yellow mustard, and lime juice all on a brioche bun
We’re looking for the next great burger combination. We need your help! Enter Applegate’s Create Your Own Burger Challenge and win great prizes. If your burger recipe wins top billing, you’ll win the grand prize – a custom corn hole set. Our top 3 finalists will have their fridge fully stocked with Applegate snacks. They’ll also hook you up with some pretty sweet swag! Enter today for a chance to win.
- Subject of “Applegate Create Your Own Burger Contest”
- Your name
- Your email address
- The name of your residence hall, house name and, room number
- What’s your recipe for the perfect burger? List all the ingredients, toppings, and sauces you would top your burger with.
- What would you name your burger?
- Entries will be accepted starting November 1, 2019
- The submission deadline is November 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Top three finalists will be announced the week of November 25, 2019
- Students will have a chance to taste the finalists burger recipes and vote for their favorite at various dining markets across campus the week of December 2, 2019 (locations of tastings will be announced through email, digital signage, and social media)
- Winner will be selected by popular vote gathered at tasting locations. Winner will be announced the week of December 9, 2019.
- Winner will have their fridge stocked with snacks, treats, and goodies by Applegate Natural & Organic Meats
- They will also receive a prize package of swag items from Applegate as well
- Late entries will be disqualified.
- Three finalists will be selected by University Housing Dining & Culinary Services’ Dining Advisory Board based on creativity, deliciousness potential, and use of ingredients
- By entering the contest, participants agree to the use of his/her image and name to be used by UW Housing in electronic and print publications.
- Entries are restricted to UW students currently living in the University Housing Residence Halls, with a contract in good standing.*
- Finalists could be contacted by University Housing about doing a brief professional photo shoot with their burger for promotional purposes.
- The winner of the Applegate’s Create Your Own Burger Contest will be selected from among the three finalists through popular vote at the tasting stations the week of December 2, 2019. The winner will be announced the week of December 9.
** House Fellows are not eligible to participate in the contest.