Priority Hall Assignment
⚠️ Special perk! Priority housing! ⚠️
Apply to work for Housing, and you’ll receive priority on your residence hall assignment!
The priority residence hall assignment perk is only available between May 9 – 16.
How do I apply for a priority housing assignment?
- Visit Housing’s Student Job Board
- Apply for and accept an eligible job* between May 9th and May 16th
- Receive one of your top hall preferences in June
- Get placed in a nearby work location for the fall
*Eligible jobs include: Dining Team Member, Cashier, Barista, Culinary Assistant, Student Stocker, Dishwasher, Residence Hall Facilities Custodian, Maintenance Worker, and Construction Project Assistant
Frequently Asked Questions
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
What jobs will make me eligible for the residence hall priority consideration?
Dining Team Member, Cashier, Barista, Culinary Assistant, Student Stocker, Dishwasher, Residence Hall Facilities Custodian, Maintenance Worker, and Construction Project Assistant
Am I eligible to receive priority consideration for one of my top hall preferences?
Students are eligible for this special perk if…
- You are a 1st year/1st contracted student in the residence halls (this perk is not for our returning hall residents)
- You applied for and accepted a job in an eligible title by May 16th!
Eligible titles: Dining Team Member, Cashier, Barista, Culinary Assistant, Student Stocker, Dishwasher, Residence Hall Facilities Custodian, Maintenance Worker, and Construction Project Assistant
Can I change my residence hall preferences now?
Not anymore, the deadline to change your residence hall preferences has passed
When will I know my room assignment?
You’ll receive your room assignment in June!
Why can’t I apply to a certain work location?
- Right now, we’re just gathering your interest in the type of work you want to do (job title). Once you accept a job offer, you’ll be placed into one of your top residence hall preferences. As soon as your room assignment is finalized, we will place you in a work location nearby.
When will I know my work location?
- Once residence hall assignments are posted, we will place you in a work location close to where you’ll live
When would I start my job?
- Jobs that are part of the residence hall priority consideration will start on August 23rd (you’ll receive a move-in date of August 22nd)
What if I have a roommate I want to live with?
- We do our best to keep roommates together!
What if I don't accept my job offer by May 16th?
- Unfortunately, you’ll no longer receive priority consideration for one of your top residence hall preference. But the good news is, we’ll still be hiring!
- After May 16th, you can still apply and accept a job for fall.
What happens if I don’t want to work anymore?
If you accepted a job but are no longer interested in working, you can withdraw from the job.
We encourage all students to give working a chance. Many of our seniors tell us that their job was one of the most valuable things in their college experience.
How do I apply for a student job?
It’s easy! You can apply for a University Housing student job by creating an online application at www.housing.wic.edu/jobs/student
How do I accept a job offer?
If we still have openings available in the job you apply to, you will automatically offer receive a job offer once you submit your application.
The system will provide you with the details of the job, and you’ll have the option to either Accept or Decline the position. You have ONE day from the date you receive the offer to accept, otherwise the offer will expire.
Why should I work for University Housing?
- Flexible scheduling around your classes and exams
- A great way to meet people, make friends, an stay connect with campus and student life
- Convenient locations close to (or in the same building!) where you live.
- Promotional opportunities that will provide valuable leadership experience