It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the payment is received by University Housing on or before the due date. See rates and billing schedule for pertinent information. If you anticipate a problem with meeting a payment or deadline, please contact our cashier’s office at 608-262-2230.
- If you do not receive a semester bill email notification, log on to My UW Housing and click on View Bill. Your bills should be available for view, if not, call our cashier’s office 608-262-2230.
- University Housing will not be responsible for late payments caused by a delay in the U.S. Mail or campus mail.
- A late fee of $100 is assessed by the Bursar Office for each semester bill not paid on time.
- Residents who are delinquent on semester payments place their Housing contract at risk.
Paying by Check
- University Housing processes all checks on the date they are received.
- Checks will not be held for any period of time; checks may clear your bank earlier than you expected.
- No second-party checks (checks payable to anyone other than University Housing) will be accepted.
- A $20.00 fee is assessed to residents (as mandated by the State Treasurer’s Office) for any check returned to University Housing unpaid by the bank. In addition, a resident’s check-writing privileges will be temporarily suspended and a hold will be placed on their academic records.
Paying with Financial Aid
- Financial aid money is not forwarded directly to University Housing and it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that payment is made.
Holds on Student Accounts
- A hold will be placed on the academic records of residents who are delinquent in their housing payments.
- A hold prevents residents from registering for the next academic session or receiving a transcript of their academic records.
- To secure release of a hold, a resident must pay the entire past-due balance. The form of payment will impact how quickly the hold is released.
- For payments made with a cashier’s check or a money order, the hold will be released the day the payment is received.
- For payments made, the timeline for releasing the hold on an account is as follows:
- Credit card: one business day after payment is received
- Electronic check: three business days after payment is received
- Personal check: two weeks after payment is received