970 University Avenue | Madison, WI 53706-1300 | Map
139 residents | Mixed coed floors | Singles and doubles
Opened 1913 | Named after Henry Barnard
Built in 1913, Barnard Residence Hall is the oldest existing residence hall on campus. Don’t let its age fool you, though, as it has also undergone a series of renovations that include new resident room flooring, walls and ceilings that give the building a more modern feel. A part of the Chadbourne Residential College (CRC), residents of Barnard also get to participate in all events and programs put on by the learning community.
Barnard is connected to Rheta’s Market (one of six dining markets on campus) for convenient food, which is especially nice during Wisconsin winters. Located in the heart of campus, Barnard is also close to many campus buildings, both student unions, bus lines, and the shops of State Street. Comprised of mostly single rooms in such a convenient location, Barnard is a popular option for many students wishing to have their own space while still being able to reap the benefits of being a part of a learning community.