We are on the lookout for the best Kylo Ren, Rey, or Finn look alike. The Star Wars Costume Contest is open to all UW-Madison students*. So, do you have a costume that is so good it looks like you walked straight out of the Mos Eisley Cantina on Tatooine and onto the UW-Madison campus? Then we want to see it.
- Subject of “Star Wars Costume Contest”
- Please include one wide shot that shows your entire costume
- Your name
- The name of your residence hall, house name and, room number
- Entries will be accepted starting October 18, 2019
- The submission deadline is November 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Finalists will be announced November 6, 2019
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place costumes will be selected on November 13, 2019 at Gordon Dining and Event Center at 7:00pm, finalists must arrive at 6:30pm. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be chosen by audience applause.
- All contestants will be awarded a Bean & Creamery coupon for a hot beverage for entering the contest
- Prizes will be given to winners. These are:
- 1st Place: Lego Star Wars Death Star
- 2nd Place: Propel Star Wars Drone Set & Star Wars 1-cup Coffee Maker w/Mug
- 3rd Place: Star Wars Kitchen Package (Lightsaber LED Chopsticks, R2D2 Measuring Cups, and Star Wars Darth Vader Apron)
- Late entries will be disqualified.
- 10 finalists will be selected as finalists by University Housing based on creativity, embodiment of the Star Wars genre, and individuality.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to the use of his/her photographs and name to be used by UW Housing in electronic and print publications.
- Entries are restricted to UW students currently living in the University Housing Residence Halls, with a contract in good standing.**
- Finalists could be contacted by University Housing about doing a brief professional photo shoot in their costume for judging and promotional purposes.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the Star Wars costume contestant will be selected from among the 10 finalists and chosen by audience applause on November 13th at Gordon Dining and Event Center.
- Facebook “likes” will not be factored into the selection of the Grand Prize winning contestant.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will need to complete paperwork to receive their prize and may need to report the prize on their 2019 tax forms.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to UW Madison Housing Department and not to Facebook.
*A social security number will be required to win due to tax regulations.
** House Fellows are not eligible to participate in the contest.