Advertising & Campus Relations

University Housing is a large campus-wide operation that works with our UW-Madison partners in many ways, whether it’s providing event spaces, offering catering services, or helping promote campus activities and resources.

Advertising on Table Tents and TVs

*Due to COVID-19 to avoid high touch points items in our facilities, we are not producing Table Tents for the AY 2020-21. We are also waiving any fees for running ads on our digitals screens this year. The slots will be allocated based on available space on a first-come-first serve-basis. See criteria below for who is eligible for running an ad.

During the academic year, some limited promotional spaces are available for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) and campus departments on the paper table tents in our dining units, as well as on the TV message boards in our buildings. Spaces are available for 1 week slots (running Sunday through Saturday) at a cost of $100 for each media per week. Reservations book up quickly, space is subject to availability. If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Marketing department at
Request A Spot

Flyers in the Residence Halls

Requests to post flyers or posters on designated bulletin boards in University Residence Halls are managed through Desk Services. All postings must be reviewed for approval in advance and must be from a Registered Student Organization (RSO) or a campus department. For more details, please view the Desk Postings Policy.

Reserving Information Tables

During the academic year, Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) and campus departments can request to set up information tables at the University Housing dining units. These reservations are managed by our Conference Services staff. To make a reservation, send an email request to

Planning a Meeting or Event

University Housing has a wide variety of spaces that can be reserved by campus customers for events, meetings, and conferences. Visit our Meeting/Event page for details and contact information.


University Housing offers a full-service catering service for any occasion on campus. To see details, ask questions, or place an order, visit our Catering page.

Campaigning and Solicitation

All forms of door-to-door canvassing and soliciting, whether for commercial, political, or informational purposes, are prohibited. This includes a prohibition against placing promotional materials under or on resident room doors. Only University agencies, residence hall student organizations/interest groups/committees, and registered student organizations are permitted to engage in political campaigning with limitations in the residence halls. The details of this policy are available in the Residence Life Office in each hall. Additional information on these policies can be found on the Student/Community Expectations page.