- Kitchen, bathroom, and windows need more cleaning.
- Grease is not thoroughly removed from kitchen surfaces, wall, and/or ceiling.
- Painted surfaces are dirty or have crayon, marker, or stickers on them.
- Main door lock or mailbox lock has to be changed because you did not turn in all the keys issued to you.*
- Oven and/or stove top need more cleaning.
- Heavy damage to walls, doors, or flooring needs repair.
- Painting needed beyond routine painting.
- Removal of items left in apartment or storage area.
- Kitchen cabinets or drawers are dirty inside.
- Heat thermostat is damaged.
- Carpet is stained or burned.
- Countertops are dirty, stained, burned, or have significant cuts.
Following the cleaning guidelines will minimize the possibility of cleaning charges. If the cleaning expectations are not clear, please contact the Apartment Facilities Office (262-2037).
*Note: the charge for changing the door locks is $75 if you do not turn in–all apartment keys issued during the lease. The charge for a mailbox lock change when all mailbox keys are not turned in on time is $25. If the University Apartments issued padlock that is provided on basement storage units is not left on that storage unit, there will be a $35 charge for its replacement. All purchased keys must be turned in and the cost is nonrefundable. If you are not sure how many keys were issued for the apartment, contact the University Apartments Office.
Back to top