Frequently Asked Questions
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Am I eligible to receive priority consideration for one of my top residence hall preferences?
One of the perks of working for Housing is that your job will be located near to where you live! After your residence hall assignment is made, we will make sure your new job assignment is close to your residence hall.
Priority room consideration ended on June 30, 2020. However, if you applied for and accepted a job as a Dining Team Member, Cashier, Barista, Starbucks Barista, or Residence Hall Custodian by June 30th, then you will receive one of your top residence hall preferences!
What if I want to change work locations?
If you want to change work locations within the same department, work with your supervisor to request a location change. Your supervisor will do their best to see what spots are open and if there are any transfers are available!
Can I change my residence hall preferences now?
Not anymore, the deadline to change your residence hall preferences has passed.
Why can't I apply to a certain work location?
When you apply for a job, we are gathering your interest in the type of work you want to do. After your residence hall assignment is made, we will make sure your new job assignment is located close to your residence hall.
When will I know my work location?
Once residence hall assignments are posted, we will place you in a work location close to where you’ll live.
When would I start my job?
We are working on those plans now. More details will be shared soon!
What if I didn't accept my job offer by June 30th?
- Unfortunately, you’ll no longer receive priority consideration for one of your top residence hall preferences.
- But the good news is, we’re still hiring!
- You can still apply and accept a job for fall.
What happens if I don't want to work anymore?
- If you accepted a job but are no longer interested in working, you can withdraw from the job.
- We encourage all students to give working a chance. Many of our seniors tells us that their job was one of the most valuable things in their college experience.
How do I apply for a student job?
How do I accept a job offer?
After you receive a job offer email, there will be a link to accept or decline the position. You have three days from the date you receive the offer to accept, otherwise the offer will expire.
Why should I work for University Housing?
Student employment with University Housing offers many different things…
- Flexible scheduling around your classes and exams.
- A great way to meet people, make friends, and stay connected with campus and student life.
- Convenient locations close to (or in the same building!) where you live.
- Promotional opportunities that will provide valuable leadership experience.