Frequently Asked Questions
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Am I eligible to receive priority consideration for one of my top hall preferences?
Students are eligible for this special perk if…
- You are a first year student with a contract for the Residence Halls (this perk is not for returning residents)
- You applied for and accepted a job in one of our eligible titles!
- Eligible titles include: Team Member, Barista, Cashier, Culinary Assistant, Student Stocker, Dishwasher, Residence Hall Custodian, and Maintenance Worker
How do I apply for a student job?
It’s easy! You can apply for a University Housing student job by creating an online application on the Job Dashboard.
How do I accept a job offer?
- If we still have openings available, our Dining Team Member, Cashier, Barista, Culinary Assistant, Student Stocker, Residence Hall Custodian, and Maintenance Worker jobs will automatically offer you a job once you submit your application.
- The system will provide you with the details of the job, and you’ll have the option to either Accept or Decline the position
- You have three days from the date you receive the offer to accept, otherwise the offer will expire.
I received a message that I’m on the waitlist – when should I expect a job offer?
Some of our more popular positions have very lengthy waitlists, which means you may not receive a job offer by June 21st. You can, however, apply and accept a different position while keeping your application active for this role. Remember that you need to have an accepted job offer by June 21 if you wish to receive priority consideration for your residence hall preference.
Can I change my residence hall preferences now?
Not anymore, the deadline to change your residence hall preferences has passed.
Why can’t I apply to a certain work location?
When you apply for a job, we are gathering your interest in the type of work you want to do. After your residence hall assignment is made, we will make sure your new job is located close to your residence hall.
When will I know my work location?
Once residence hall assignments are posted, we will place you in a work location close to where you’ll live.
What if I don’t accept my job offer by June 21st?
- Unfortunately, you’ll no longer be eligible to receive priority consideration for one of your top residence hall preferences
- The good news is, we’ll still be hiring!
- After June 21st, you can still apply and accept a job for fall.
When would I start my job? Will I get to move in early?
- Student jobs typically start at the end of August or early September – check your Job Dashboard for specific details. The job start date will help determine what your move-in date will be.