GreenHouse is located in:
1635 Kronshage Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1203
Located in Leopold Hall (formerly New 32 Hall) on the shores of Lake Mendota, the GreenHouse is a Residential Learning Community designed for students to think, work, and live in more sustainable ways.
Joining GreenHouse gives students an opportunity to do more than just live in a conventional residence hall. As a GreenHouse resident, you pay a small fee to have unique access to numerous cool programs like seminars, field trips, shared meals, “green screen” movie nights, and discussions that focus on the theme of sustainability.
GreenHouse staff and student interns also help students to get engaged in sustainability efforts on campus and in the Madison area, and use their hands to “learn by doing.” Hands-on opportunities include cooking locally and sustainably, restoring a prairie, fixing bicycles, and gardening – just to name a few. These events provide students with an array of learning opportunities while also helping to bring together a tight-knit community within a large school. And on top of that, it’s a ton of fun!
So, why should you join GreenHouse?
- You want to learn more about sustainability and get involved in local efforts
- You’d like to learn how to do useful hands-on things like garden, cook, or fix a bicycle
- You like the idea of sharing meals and discussions with a diverse group of people
- Being a part of an active community of learners is important to you
- You want a richer university experience
- Check out our End of Year Report from last year
- Visit our Facebook page
- Browse the links on the left sidebar of this website
- Give us a call or shoot us an email – we’d love to hear from you
In the media
- Grow: Wisconsin's Magazine for the Life Sciences — Rooms with a Hue
- GreenHouse catches attention on campus
- GreenHouse Brochure