May 2009 – August 2010
Barnard Residence Hall, built in 1913, is recognized as the oldest residence hall on campus and eligible for listing on the national Register of Historic Places, based on its role in extending higher education to women at the University of Wisconsin. In order to preserve its historic charm, Barnard has undergone multiple renovations over the years. During the summer of 2010, Barnard received new hallway and common area carpeting, fresh paint, added staff offices and a hallway leading towards Rheta’s dining hall, and new tiling to resident rooms. These upgrades followed the remodeling of resident rooms and replaced furniture in 2007.