Women typing on computer

Policies and Forms

Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals

Service Animals as defined by the federal regulations implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act, 28 C.F.R.s 35.104 or the Wisconsin Open Housing Law, Wis. Stats.s.106.50 may reside or visit in University Apartments without limitations. We do ask that residents with a Service Animal in their household notify the Leasing Office.

Applicants and residents requesting an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) should contact the Leasing Office at Leasing@housing.wisc.edu. The leasing staff will provide information directing the resident to the appropriate campus office authorized to review and approve the ESA request.

Residents are not permitted to have an ESA in University Housing prior to approval. If not approved, the animal is not considered an ESA and is therefore subject to the terms and consequences of the housing contract.

If an ESA is approved, Housing staff will arrange a meeting with the resident to carefully review the resident’s responsibilities pertaining to having an ESA in University Apartments.

Back to top

Lead Paint

In accordance with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) we are required to inform new residents of any lead-based hazards in your prospective apartment. Federal guidelines require a new resident’s signature acknowledging they have received this information. New residents should check the “Resident’s Acknowledgement and Certification of Accuracy” on their lease acceptance form.